FP Complete is looking to expand its Haskell development team. We’re looking for a Haskeller with a strong background in web UI development. This position will encompass both work on our core products- such as FP Haskell Center and School of Haskell- as well as helping customers develop frontends to their Haskell applications.
We will want you to start right away. The will be a contractor position, full time for at least 3 months, with the intention to continue long-term on a more or less full-time basis. Additionally, while the main focus of the position will be UI development, there will be many opportunities to expand into other areas of focus.
This is a telecommute position: you can work from home or wherever you choose, with little or no travel. Location in North America is ideal; you will work with colleagues who are on North American and European hours.
- Strong Haskell coding skills.
- Ideally: experience with both Yesod and Fay for server and client side coding, respectively. (Perk: you’ll get a chance to work with the authors of both tools.)
- Experience deploying applications into production, especially at large scale, is a plus.
- Ability to interact with a distributed development team, and to manage your time without an in-person supervisor
- Ability to work with clients on gathering requirements
- General source control/project skills: Git, issue tracking
- Ability to communicate clearly in issues, bug reports and emails
- Proficient on a Linux system
- Plus: experience with deployment, Docker, and/or CoreOS
Please send resume or CV to email@example.com. Any existing work- either a running website or an open source codebase- which you can include links to will be greatly appreciated as well.