13 Jan 2015
FP Complete is expanding yet again! We are looking to hire for several new engineers to join our Haskell development team, both to build great new core products and in partnership with our clients to apply Haskell at a large scale. Some of our recently announced core products include the Integrated Analysis Platform, Stackage and LTS Haskell, with much more to come. If you’d like to be part of our team and shape the future of Haskell, please send a resume or CV to email@example.com. Any existing work - either a running website or an open source codebase - which you can include as links be greatly appreciated as well.
We will want you to start right away. Depending on your current jurisdiction, this will either be a full-time contractor position, or an employee position. This is a telecommute position: you can work from home or wherever you choose, with little or no travel. Location in North America preferred; but you will work with colleagues who are both on North American and European hours.
- distribute existing and new code over large clusters,
- code parallelization and performance tuning,
- interface with foreign math and scientific libraries,
- relentlessly refactor for composability, testability and clarity,
- identify performance bottlenecks and debug known issues,
- implementing unit tests, integration tests, acceptance tests,
- write clear and concise documentation.
- strong experience writing process driven application code in Haskell.
- experience building reusable components/packages/libraries and demonstrated ability to write well structured and well documented code,
- ability to evolve and refactor large code bases,
- experience working under test driven methodologies,
- Ability to interact with a distributed development team, and to communicate clearly on issues, in bug reports and emails.
These further skills are a plus:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science or mathematics,
- experience developing products in a regulated environment (avionics/medical/finance).
- experience building scalable server/Web applications,
- (web) UI design and implementation experience,
- an understanding of the implementation of GHC’s multithreaded runtime,
- experience as an architect and/or a creator of technical specs.